- Somebody That I Used To Know - Elliott Smith
- I Can't Help Falling In Love - Frankie Stubbs
- Road Signs Always Look Better Looking Over Your Shoulder - Defiance, Ohio
- 20 years - David Dondero
- Achin' To Be - The Replacements
- Big Milk - Dan Deacon
- The Dusk of Us - Colossal
- Trenchfoot Chuck Ragan
- Bad Liver And A Broken Heart - Tom Waits
- Onions - The Mountain Goats
- Poor Ole Kate - Natchez Shakers
- South Tacoma Way - Neko Case & Her Boyfriends
- Where You'll Find Me Now - Neutral Milk Hotel
- Barbarella - Paul Baribeau
- The Band Played Waltzing Matilda - The Pogues
- Distant Land To Roam - Chuck Ragan & Austin Lucas
- Bonus Track - The Riot Before
- chapel hill - Rosa
- Blue In Green - Miles Davis
- Fever Dream - Iron & Wine
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Greg posted an idea for a mix, the dog days of autumn, and I liked it. So the other morning I made this happen. I was listening to it today as Canoga Park became covered with clouds and cooled off for the first time since I got here, it fit well. It's strange that there are a few songs with fire in the title. Think of that what you will.
GTA - http://www.mediafire.com/?zeeziin3mhz
Stars Were Exploding - Good Luck
Oh, The Places You'll Stay - Madison Bloodbath
Grapevine Fires - Death Cab For Cutie
Automonously - The Measure (sa)
Jeane [Smiths Cover] - North Lincoln
Fired-Side Chat - Dillinger Four
Passing Me By - The Pharcyde
The Rules of Children's Games - Bridge And Tunnel
Ghost of Corporate Future - Regina Spektor
In the Grass - LaGrecia
9 A.M. Everyday - O Pioneers!!!
Antennas - Rancid
For Julia - The Gunshy
Meet Me By The River's Edge - The Gaslight Anthem
Face On Fire - Able Baker Fox
Past Tense, Future Perfect - Paint It Black
Fire Maple Song - Everclear
Thursday, October 2, 2008
2 Have A Nice Life--"Bloodhail"
3 William Elliott Whitmore/Jenny Hoyston--"Feast Of A Thousand Beasts"
4 Chamberlain--"The South Has Spoiled Me"
5 Grouper--"Heavy Water/I'd Rather Be Sleeping"
6 Van Morrison--"Starting A New Life"
7 Explosions In The Sky--"Remember Me As A Time Of Day"
8 Horse Feathers--"Albina"
9 Sharks Keep Moving--"Join Up"
10 Sigur Ros--"Agaetis Byrjun"
11 Vali--"Et Ensomnt Minne"
12 The Mountain Goats--"Attention All Pickpockets"
13 Chris Whitley--"Wild Country"
Anthony Mix - http://www.mediafire.com/?lyny0xuynyn
A-List Actress - Hey Mercedes
Nailing Descartes To The Wall/(Liquid) Meat Is Still Murder - Propagandhi
T.S.R. (This Shit Rules) - Against Me!
Had It Right - J Church
O'No - Q And Not U
Naomi - Neutral Milk Hotel
Y Control - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Thursday, September 25, 2008
- Little Prince (El Principito) - Andrew Jackson Jihad
- Peanut Butter Cups - The Bananas
- The President's Dead - Okkervil River
- Convinced I'm Wrong - Polar Bear Club
- Retardent - Armchair Martian
- Open and Shut - Dillinger Four
- Saltash Luck - Banner Pilot
- I Got Drunk - Uncle Tupelo
- Enemies On Speed Dial - O Pioneers!!!
- She - The Monikers
- At Your Funeral - Pinhead Gunpowder
- Leatherface Fan - Mike Hale
- Union Pool - The Measure (SA)
- Call To The Controller's Office - Bridge and Tunnel
- Half Asleep - Trever Keith
- FIX YOUR FACE 12 - TRV$DJAM
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I get words stuck in my head. Today it was reset. It made me think about how we haven't put any mixes up in a bit, so I threw a quick fiver together. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling. Bill's computer has been broken, but I think he got a new one, so that should lead to more mixes soon.
Reset - http://www.mediafire.com/?ovyuq4spzaw
1. Ten Years Trouble - Off With Their Heads
2. West Bay Invitational - Jawbreaker
3. Pretty Good Year - Chuck Ragan (a Loved Ones cover)
4. Stay - Ghost Buffalo
5. Things on a Dashboard - Hot Water Music
Hey, how about some suggestions for themes for mixes. Good Idea!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
The other day someone pointed out that the two band stickers I have on my car both have at least one female member. So? I love the ladies, and I listen to quite a few female fronted bands. I was like ten when the whole Riot Grrl thing was happening so I'm not pretending this in some way encapsulates a movement, it's just a mix. Enjoy!
- La la la - Sylvie Vartan
- Roller Girls - The Soviettes
- Living Room - Tegan and Sara
- Wooden Bullets - This is My Fist!
- Zot - Vena•Cava
- Uncle Phranc - Team Dresch
- Libel - Tilt
- Becky - Be Your Own Pet
- bike rides + high fives - Rosa
- Jailbird Bars - Cleveland Bound Death Sentence
- Harder to Tell - Discount
- Golden Boys - Drunken Boat
- Hours - Lemuria
- Everything I Won't Miss - Fifth Hour Hero
- Hit the Ground Running - The Measure (SA)
- March March Along - Naked Aggression
- Words And Guitar - Sleater-Kinney
- A Legacy Of Empty Buildings - One Reason
- I Don't Give a Fuck - Peaches
Friday, July 11, 2008
I don't normally smoke. I did the other day on my lunch break. I was really nervous and scared and I had the shakes. I drank a beer and it didn't help. I smoked some cigarettes, those didn't help either. So I made a mix. I still was shaking.
Cloves and Shakes - http://www.mediafire.com/?hxxxwitvj10
Good Fucking Bye - Matt Skiba
Under The Milky Way - The Church
Violet Hill - Coldplay
When You Were Young - The Killers
Nearly Lost You - Screaming Trees
Little Lover's So Polite - Silversun Pickups
Your Little Hoodrat Friend - The Hold Steady
I Love You So Much It's Killing Us Both - Jawbreaker
if you don't, don't - Jimmy Eat World
Exit Wounds - Paint It Black
Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead
Friday, June 27, 2008
- Suburban Home - The Descendents
- Who Can It Be Now? - Men At Work
- I Love Livin' In The City - Fear
- PYT (Pretty Young Thing) - Michael Jackson
- I Love Rock N Roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- Open Arms - Journey
- Private Eyes - Hall & Oates
- We're Only Gonna Die - Bad Religion
- Young Turks - Rod Stewart
- Don't You Want Me - The Human League
- Talkback - Stiff Little Fingers
- Know Your Rights - The Clash
- Six Months In A Leaky Boat - Split Enz
- Jack & Diane - John Cougar Mellencamp
- Pay To Cum! - Bad Brains
- Atlantic City - Bruce Springsteen
- Hand In Glove - The Smiths
- Ghosts - The Jam
- God Damn Job - The Replacements
Monday, June 9, 2008
Especially now that Summer has arrived who doesn't love to sit around, drink beer, and bullshit with friends? Well here's a mix to either stir up the conversation or to get drunk to, you decide.
- 13 Cheers For Beer and Bullshit - On the Might Of Princes
- Beer For Breakfast - The Replacements
- Cryin' Into the Beer of a Drunk Man - New Bomb Turks
- Crying In My Beer - Screeching Weasel
- Drunk Mouth Kitchen Smile - The Lawrence Arms
- Drunk Punk - This Bike is a Pipe Bomb
- Drunken Butterfly - Sonic Youth
- Drunken Lullabies - Flogging Molly
- Drunken Third (Live) - Hot Water Music
- Drunken Uncle - Charles Bronson
- Get Drunk - Drag the River
- Punch (Drunk) - Leatherface
- Punch Drunk (Husker Du) - Charles Bronson
- The Shape Of Drunks To Come - The Sainte Catherines
- Showerbeers! - Bomb the Music Industry!
- Sloppy Fucking Drunk - American Steel
- Too Drunk To Dream - Whiskeytown
- Warm Beer And Cold Women - Tom Waits
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Sevens - Mix
And We Thought That Nation States Were A Bad Idea - Propagandhi
choked and separated - Hot Water Music
No Children - The Mountain Goats
The Corpses Of Our Motivations - The Lawrence Arms
Those Anarcho Punks Are Mysterious - Against Me!
My Sweet Fracture - Saves The Day
Say It Ain't So - Weezer
Q: What does next year have in store for you?
ain’t so lonely - Lucero
Q: What does your love life look like next year?
Achilles List – Fucked Up
Q: What do you say when life gets hard?
Dog at Large – Naked Raygun
Q: Song that reminds you of good times?
Cemetary Polka – Tom Waits
Q: What do you think when you get up in the morning?
Continent – Kind of Like Spitting
Q: What song will you dance to at your wedding?
Dig Me Out – Sleater-Kinney
Q: Song that reminds you of your first kiss?
On The Sacred Side – Black Eyes
Q: Your favorite saying?
Trains and Cops - TBIAPB
Q: Favorite place?
Girl Afraid – The Smiths
Q: Most Missed Memory?
Farmingvillians – Down in the Dumps
Q: What song describes your best friend?
Bryan’s World - Radon
Q: What song describes your ex?
Blue in Dallas – Mountain Goats
Q: Where would you go on a first date?
Last Call – As Friends Rust
Q: Drug of choice?
I Reach For Her Hand – J Church
Q: What song describes yourself?
Nose Over Tail – Alkaline Trio
Q: What is the thing you like doing most?
Austin Prison – Johnny Cash
Q: The song that best describes the president?
From Her Lips to God’s Ears – Against Me!
Q: Where will you be in 10 years?
Fired Side Chat – Dillinger Four
Q: Your love life right now?
In a World of Ghosts - Lemuria
Q: What is your state of mind like at the moment?
Heart, Liver, Lungs - Bananas
Q: How will you die?
Work in Prague - Collossal
Friday, June 6, 2008
Welcome to the Dog House - Mix
You Look Like I Need A Drink - Against Me!
Collect From Clark Kent - Braid
Better Half - Jeff Ott
Angels Of The Silences - Counting Crows
A Song Dedicated To The Memory of Stormy the Rabbit - Andrew Jackson Jihad
Never Again - Kelly Clarkson
A Gentleman Caller - Cursive
Letter of Resignation - The Weakerthans
Paris In Flames Thursday - Thursday
The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most - Dashboard Confessional
Holly Hox, Forget Me Nots - Saves The Day
Empty Picture Frame - Jets To Brazil
Ontario - The Mountain Goats
Lazy Mayday Mix!
- Train Train - Billy Bragg
- Automatic - Scared of Chaka
- Sorry To Keep You Waiting - The Methadones
- Planet Earth Nineteen-Ninety-Four - The Copyrights
- Waddlin' Around - King Khan & BBQ
- Ghost Town - The Specials
- Homogenized For Mass Consumption Or How My Youth Was Watered Down And Sold For Profit - New Bruises
- Why is a Mouse? - Calcutta Bazaar
- Unredemption Value - Future Virgins
- Non Monumental - Young Livers
- Runways - Cloak/Dagger
- 1984 - The Brokedowns
- Eye To Eye, Oh My! - The Sidekicks
- Lipstick - Lemuria
- Secondchance - Witches With Dicks
- Let Freedom Ring - Ben Weasel and His Iron String Quartet
- 28 Yrs. - Pretty Boy Thorson And The Falling Angels
- Lozin' Must - Millencolin
- Reconsider Me - Warren Zevon
- No Compliance No Control - Turkish Techno
- Thinking With My Heart - The Ergs!
- Shambles - Off With Their Heads
- Talkback - Stiff Little Fingers
- Born & Raised - Fake Problems